Spring has almost sprung which means it’s time for MKE Moms Blog’s 2nd Annual Family Egg Hunt!
Tickets Are Sold Out! You can add your name to the waitlist below.
Be sure to stay connected to our Event Facebook Page for details!
We are thrilled to announce our 2nd Annual Family Egg Hunt, an event we know the families of the Milwaukee area are going to love! Please join us on April 1st (from 10 am to noon) at the Midwest Orthopedic Sports Complex, an amazing indoor soccer park that hosts everything from birthday parties to league play we know will be a thrill for Milwaukee area parents. We hope you will bring the whole family for a morning filled with loads of fun complete with an age-divided egg hunt, snacks and treats, face-painting, inflatables, photo ops with the Easter Bunny, princess visits, giveaways, kid-friendly swag and so much more.
Big thanks to the Midwest Orthopedic Sports Complex for hosting this event on their indoor soccer field where kids can hunt for eggs without worrying about the wild Wisconsin weather!
The 80,000 square foot facility is the premier facility for player and fans. The complex boasts three fields that are 185 feet long and 85 feet wide. Each field is equipped with a state of the art playing surface. The glass surrounding each field is more than 60% glass, allowing for excellent sight lines. Players and fans appreciate the increased natural light and brighter overall feel inside the facility.
Midwest Orthopedic Sports Complex is a family facility and with that in mind, designers included full concessions along with party and meeting rooms. Check them out for events like birthday parties and beyond! The building is available for rent and provides a turnkey venue for almost any event.
>> What’s Included? <<
Tickets are $10 per child (ages 12 months+) & $8 per adult.
- Everyone needs a ticket to attend! Even young ones will be able to participate in Egg Hunts, so please make sure to register any child age 12 months or older.
- Tickets are transferable, but are NOT refundable – no exceptions to MkeMB’s “no refund” policy. This event is rain or shine. We do maintain a waitlist; should you need to sell your ticket, please contact [email protected]
- We DO expect this event to sell out! No tickets will be sold at the door, and you must be registered to attend. When the tickets are sold out, we will be unable to release more.
- ALL TICKET SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS. NO RAIN CHECKS. THIS EVENT WILL HAPPEN RAIN OR SHINE.
- MkeMB events are all inclusive, meaning there are no additional expenses once you are inside the event. There will be opportunities for you to purchase concessions and treats if you so choose, but snacks, swag, activities, and attractions are included in the ticket price. You will not need cash unless you’d like to tip our face painter!
The Egg Hunts
To promote a safe, calm, FUN and child friendly event, we will be having 3 “mini” egg hunts (divided by age group) on one of the huge indoor soccer fields.
As we want to keep everyone safe, there will be one entrance into the egg hunt area, so children will line up with their age group along the sideline before we give the “Go” signal. (i.e. We’re trying to avoid the “mad dash” style out of safety concern for kids, but we assure you there are more than enough goodies to go around for all the kids both within the hunt and at our partners’ tables).
Each egg hunt will last approximately 15 minutes. The age limits below are meant to be a guide. We won’t “card” your children at the gate, but truly: you know your child’s developmental age and abilities better than anyone. Please use your judgment, as the ages and groups are meant to ensure fun and safety for all. We realize that the final group says “6 and up” – many moms ask us who the event is designed for. While children of all ages are more than welcome, we do believe your children will have more fun if they are 7 or younger (just based on the activities and products we have planned). If you have any questions, just contact us.
Timing is as follows* ::
10:20 – Egg Hunt for children age 0 – 2
10:45 – Egg Hunt for Children age 3 – 5
11:15 – Egg Hunt for children ages 6 & up
*subject to change
Thanks to our sponsors at Heiser Toyota for making the Egg Hunt possible! Thanks to Heiser, every child 12 months and over with a registered ticket will receive an official Family Egg Hunt tote bag! Yup, no need to bring a basket for these kids – we’ve got you covered. (Kids under the age of 12 months will need to bring a basket if participating in egg hunt)
Heiser Toyota has also graciously provided a full detailing service as a prize for our raffle giveaway so one lucky winner can get the inside of that minivan cleaned out!
Egg Hunt Prize Sponsors
Egg hunt prizes will come in the form of prizes inside eggs but also come in the form of fun treats from our sponsors! That’s right, your kids will be collecting eggs AND fun products during the Hunt like Sun Butter, Lifeway Keifer Bug Bites, special attraction passes, and more!
Important Egg Hunt Info
- We have enough stuff as it is, right? Although there is no “official” per child limit for eggs, there is little incentive to getting more vs. less since the majority of eggs will not be stuffed with trinkets, candy, etc. The vast majority of the eggs gathered in the Egg Hunt will be empty. Following each egg hunt wave, all eggs should be opened up on site to look for any fun extra prizes/tokens hidden inside and then put back together and TURNED BACK IN at the Egg Hunt Prize Redemption Station for a goody bag! This way, every child gets the same goody bag (with fabulous prizes!) regardless of the number of eggs collected and we can then reuse the eggs in later Egg Hunt waves make it a big more challenging for the older kids. Can we all agree to let the kids have fun, but still encourage graciousness and fair play?
- There are a VERY limited number of GOLD EGGS that will contain very special prizes or tokens to be redeemed for larger prizes at the Prize Redemption Station. Be on the lookout for those golden eggs!
- **Please do not open eggs out on the Egg Hunt Field, as this will create delays that will put us behind schedule. Open eggs once you have exited the field area.
- There will be lots of snacks, treats and other prizes out in the open on the Egg Hunt field and those are fair game! There are still a TON of goodies to be had at the Egg Hunt!
Additional Event Attractions
You may be wondering what you’ll do when your children aren’t hunting for eggs? Well, we have lots of fun planned for you courtesy of our fabulous event sponsors ::
- Snacks and Treats from our sponsors Jason’s Deli, Angelic Bakehouse and MKE Moms Blog. Cupcakes from Jen’s Sweet Treats!
- Face Painting with Life’s a Party Face Painting
- Fun with inflatables from Willie Fun Events
- Dan-O’s Donuts will have his fresh donut tent set up outside the event with bags of hot and fresh donuts available for purchase at a sweet discount!
- Soccer activities and demos from the Midwest Orthopedic Sports Complex and Futbolio FB
- Professional photo of your child with the Easter Bunny (which can be downloaded from Lulu B Photography), brought to you by Monkey Joe’s and featuring the balloon artistry of Wisconsin Balloon Decor.
- Special appearance by Monkey Joe himself!
- The “Snow Sisters” from Storybook Enchantments will be joining us!
- A Spring Painting station with Uptown Art! The first 25 families will each receive a 6×6 canvas to paint. have more than one kiddo would would like to create a masterpiece? Additional canvases will be available for purchase at the point of ticket sales for $5 each.
- Spin the Prize Wheel with the YMCA of Greater Waukesha County
- MeeperBot demos from Meeper Technology
- An organic play-doh station featuring Young Living essential oils by Good Vibes Oily Tribe
- I-Spy Challenge with LuLaRoe by Dolores Greenawalt
- Bag Toss Game with Brookfield Christian School
- Fitness Challenge with Orangetheory Fitness
- Lots more games & kid-friendly activities
- Every child will receive an Egg Hunt goody bag with kid-friendly swag
- And MORE!!!
Charity of Choice :: Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern Wisconsin
As always, raffle tickets will be provided in exchange for donations to the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern Wisconsin, who is dedicated to easing the burden of families whose lives have been disrupted as a result of their child’s illness or injury. They provide a “home away from home” and caring outreach initiatives.
For every 5 ITEMS you bring from the Wish List below to donate to the Toiletry Drive at the Family Egg Hunt, you will receive 3 Raffle Tickets to enter to win our amazing giveaways and there are no limits! We chose this charity because the patients are near and dear to our hearts as mothers. The Ronald McDonald House literally becomes a home away from home for these families. Therefore, the supplies constantly need to be replenished.
***All items need to be new, in original packaging and unwrapped; no used items are acceptable due to infection control guidelines***
- Travel Size Toothpaste
- Travel Size Shampoo
- Travel Size Conditioner
- Travel Size Lotion
- Travel Size Mouthwash
- Travel Size Deodorant
- Travel Size Hand Sanitizer
- Travel Size Kleenex
- New Stuffed Animal
- Travel Games
- Deck of Cards
Giveaway and Egg Hunt Prize Sponsors include:
- Crane USA
- Note to Self
- Red Bunny Designs
- Wagner Pediatric Dentistry
- The Pencil Grip
- Lifeway Keifer
- Jason’s Deli
- Angelic Bakehouse
- LaCroix Sparkling Water
- The Coloring Table
- KiCam Projects
- Peeled Snacks
- Parkside 23
- Heiser Toyota
- Palermo’s Pizza
- Monkey Joe’s
- Orangetheory Fitness
- Rukus and Glee
- Lightspeed Go-Karts and Laser Tag
- JK Lee Black Belt Academy
- Little Sprouts Play Cafe
- Sky Zone Milwaukee
- Uptown Art
- Stan’s Fit for Your Feet
- Rockin’ Jump
- Adventure Rock
- Matilda Jane – Lindy Jones
- and MORE!
A very special thank you to Sara Stiller of The Nesting Tree Photography and Family Films and Linda Gittins of Lulu B Photography for their time and talent capturing this event on camera!
Tickets are sold out.
We DO expect this event to sell out! No tickets will be sold at the door, and you must be registered to attend. When the tickets are sold out, we will be unable to release more.
WANT TO GET YOUR TICKETS EARLY AND AT A DISCOUNT? HERE’S HOW!
All subscribers to our weekly newsletter will receive an exclusive link that will do two things: 1. Open up ticket sales a full 24 hours early (March 5th at 8 pm) and 2. Provide a $2 off per ticket discount! (DISCOUNT ONLY APPLIES UNTIL TICKETS GO ON SALE TO THE PUBLIC ON MARCH 6TH AT 8 PM)
***There is a very good chance that tickets will sell out during the Newsletter Pre-Sale!!***
Be sure to stay connected to our Event Facebook Page for details!
Disclaimers: ALL TICKET SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS. NO RAIN CHECKS. THIS EVENT WILL HAPPEN RAIN OR SHINE. In the event of an act of God (such as a tornado or giant lizard attack) we may not be able to reschedule due to the complex nature of the event and we will NOT offer refunds. In the event that you cannot attend the event we will do our best to assist you in finding another mom to exchange/give/or sell your ticket if the need arises and/or if time allows. Soccer league play will be taking place simultaneously with the event and it is the responsibility of parents/guardians to make sure young attendees remain in the event area. MkeMB nor Midwest Orthopedic Sports Complex will be responsible and/or liable for any attendees who leave the event area. Additionally, everyone that purchases a ticket will be subscribed to our email list (if they have not been already) in order to provide the most timely and up to date event info. Photos will be taken at the event and of attendees for use on the blog and on social media by the MKE Moms Blog and sponsors.