Ever get sick of the candy overload on Halloween that makes your kids CRAZY and sugar-crazed? So do we!
We are so excited about our upcoming Happy Healthy Halloween event brought to you by The YMCA of Greater Waukesha County and Honest Teeth Dentistry a playdate-style event for families that both celebrates the fun of Halloween, but also aims to encourage healthy habits and be a safe and fun place for ALL kids, ensuring that children with food allergies or particular sensory needs are included and celebrated!
EVENT DATE :: Sunday, October 23rd from 10 am to noon
We are thrilled to have Honest Teeth Dentistry as a Title Sponsor for this event! Located in Elm Grove, Honest Teeth Dentistry has been serving Milwaukee and its surrounding communities for the better part of the last 25 years.
They talk with you, not at you about your teeth, your health and life in general (yes, they want to hear about your wonderful kids), ensuring they are providing helpful feedback and tips to keep you happy and healthy during the moments that matter most: the ones when you’re not in the dentist’s chair. Join us to meet the Honest Teeth Team and see why moms all over the Milwaukee area love Honest Teeth Dentistry. Be sure to enter to win a free year of preventative dental care!
And of course, we are THRILLED to be hosting this event at the West Suburban YMCA in Wauwatosa! One of the five locations of The YMCA of Greater Waukesha County this location features not only state-of-the-art equipment, classes for every ability, interest and age-level, but best of all…..CHILD CARE! The YMCA is devoted to helping Milwaukee area families cultivate a healthy lifestyle — TOGETHER!
You can expect several amazing activities on behalf of the YMCA……A bounce house, scavenger hunt, trick-or-treat prizes and MORE!
The YMCA is devoted to helping families develop healthy habits TOGETHER and there is sure to be a location near you! This is a great opportunity to get your questions answered about what the YMCA can offer your family.
Due to the nature and planning of this event, as well as consideration for our numerous local sponsors, we cannot accommodate cancellations or refunds. Ticket are transferable, however.
Event Details ::
- Trick-or-Treating for Everyone!
- Bounce House and Scavenger Hunt from The YMCA of Greater Waukesha County
- Healthy Teeth Treats from Honest Teeth Dentistry
- Yummy Snacks from Costco – New Berlin
- Character Visits by Dream Parties
- Toy Features and Treats from Rukus & Glee
- Happy Spines from Chiroway of Brookfield
- Meal Delivery Service from The Real Good Life
- The Spriggy Street Team from Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin and Kohl’s Cares
- Milk from Sassy Cow Creamery
- Cheese Samples from Bon Bree Brick Cheese
- Local Apples from Outpost Natural Foods
- ProBugs Bites from Lifeway Kefir
- Pipcorn (Mini Popcorn!) from Pipsnacks
- Face Painting with Life’s a Party Face Painting
- Tasty Samples from Angelic Bakehouse
- Candid Photos by Freckledfox Photography
- Trick or Treat Bag for all kids!
- Plenty of fun activities for the whole family
- Be sure to bring your camera – because there will be plenty of photo ops!
- Coffee Lover’s Basket from Outpost Natural Foods
- Storybook Castle from Manhattan Toy Company
- Free Classes from Danceworks
- Kwik Stix & Pencil Grips from The Pencil Grip
Teal Pumpkin Painting Station & Sensory Friendly Zone
One of our goals for this event was to make sure it was safe for ALL kids to enjoy. With that in mind, this event is totally nut-free and safe for kids with that food allergy. We are also encouraging our sponsors to bring treats for kids that are either non-food or food allergy safe. In addition, there will be a Teal Pumpkin Painting Station where kids can paint their own Teal Pumpkin to bring home so your house can be a house that is food-allergy safe for trick-or-treaters on Halloween! We are excited to be participating in the Teal Pumpkin Project!
And for the kids who need a little more quiet of a space, we are thrilled to be offering a sensory-friendly zone that is separate from the main event space. St. Francis Children’s Center on Port Washington Rd. is excited to manage this safe space where kids can retreat for a bit if needed to chill out and enjoy an environment designed specifically for them. St. Francis Children’s Center helps children overcome their challenges, maximize their abilities and reach their goals in order to achieve success within their homes, schools and communities.
Tickets will go on sale on Wednesday, October 12th. We hope you will invite your friends, neighbors, kids from playgroup, etc. It will make for a fantastic family outing. For that reason, we want to make sure you have all the necessary details to secure your tickets as soon as they are available! In fact, we’ve even got a great deal for you!
- Tickets will become available starting on Wednesday, October 12th at 8 pm (we will not reserve any tickets in advance of this date). Purchase your tickets within the first 48 hours and get $2 off! EARLY BIRD pricing will end on October 14th.
- Tickets are $10 per family (Early Bird – $8 per family)
- You can purchase your tickets by using THIS same link – and at the bottom of this post you will see the TICKET section – once ticket sales go live.
- We are limiting the number of available tickets in order to ensure that everyone who attends has a wonderful experience. There are not any additional required expenses once you are there.
- You are able to purchase tickets for friends or family members.
- Tickets are transferrable, but are NOT refundable. The event will take place rain or shine!!!
- If the event has sold out before you try to secure your tickets, we suggest you to add your name to the wait list – as we often are able to use it!
- Be sure you plan on a morning of not-so-spooky fun! Come dressed in costume if you would like. There will be a bounce house for kids to enjoy, so plan for active play.
Early Bird Pricing :: Tickets are only $8 per family (plus processing fees) for the first 48 hours sales are open! After that time, they will be $10 (plus processing fees).
We are so excited to be partnering with Zachariah’s Acres for this event. Zachariah’s Acres is a place where kids with special needs and their families can enjoy nature and experience the outdoors. They are a non-profit 501(c)(3) located in Oconomowoc on 48 pristine acres surrounded by nature, serenity and an amazing landscape. Zachariah’s Acres is committed to preserve and protect the land as they open the world of agriculture and nature-based learning to kids with disabilities. Zachariah’s Acres currently offers several free events, exclusively for children with special health care needs. These events allow children with disabilities to participate in fully accessible agricultural and nature-based activities.
Want to enter to win the incredible giveaways provided by our sponsors at this event? For every item you bring to donate to Zachariah’s Acres from the Wish List below, you will get 3 raffle tickets! You can earn up to 15 tickets just by bringing donations for this incredible organization!
Zachariah’s Acres Wish List ::
- Gift Cards (Menards, Sam’s Club, Costco, Target, Home Depot, Stein’s)
- Cleaning supplies (Clorox wipes, Windex, etc.)
- Paper products (plates, napkins, plastic ware, toilet paper, paper towels, garbage bags…)
- Office Supplies (tape, scissors, push pins, pens, etc.)
- Science and nature discovery equipment (guidebooks, nets, binoculars…)
- Craft Supplies (markers, scissors, scrapbook paper…)
Be sure to join us on the Facebook Event Page for all the up-to-the moment updates on Happy Healthy Halloween!
By purchasing a ticket you are permitting MKE Moms Blog to take photos of you and any children along with you at the event for promotional use.
Purchase Tickets Here ::