We’re so excited to bring you this year’s holiday gift guide, featuring some of our absolute FAVORITE local shops and businesses! Below, you’ll find more than FIFTY gift ideas for everyone on your list, including both physical items and experiences.
This year, as you’re making your list and checking it twice, we want to encourage you to THINK LOCAL. Milwaukee is an incredible city for artists, makers and small business owners and even we were surprised (and inspired!) by the number of great options we were introduced to while putting this guide together!
So before you hop onto Amazon and zip through your holiday shopping, maybe, this year, try something new.
Maybe you’ll find something a little different. Something you’d never come up with on your own. Something that a certain someone on your list would be genuinely surprised and thrilled to receive.
(And be sure to enter the giveaway at the end of this post!)
Baby Jack is a local Milwaukee company designing comfort blankets and toys that encourage early learning of animals, shapes and raising cause awareness important to our customers like police, fire, military, CHD, childhood cancer and premature birth. Baby Jack has given back to more than 3,000 families with their Kindness Project. Every purchase helps a child in need.
Use code MKE25 for 25% off your purchase or shop local to support our retailers!
For over 30 years, kids have played and laughed in Hanna Andersson’s clothing. And our absolute favorite Hanna products? Their pajamas! If you’re on the hunt for matching family pajamas this holiday season, then be sure and check out Mayfair Mall or shop online. You’ll fall in love with their sweet stripes and fun prints too!
Big White Yeti is a small batch home fragrance company started in the Bay View neighborhood of Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 2013 led by wife and husband team Katie Daly Weiss + Cody Weiss. We make beautiful soy candles in reusable containers that are 100% soy wax, pure fragrance oils and undiluted essential oils, and cotton wicks. That’s it. Clean, simple, long lasting candles.
New this year is our Boozy Collection – beautiful amber glass jars filled with the memory triggering scents of our Wisconsin social culture like Whiskey Ginger and Bourbon and Sandalwood.
20% off orders $20 or more using the promo code “SHOPMKE2017” at checkout now through December 31, 2017.
Invented by a local Milwaukee-area mom and former sommelier, HaloVino wine tumblers are the best thing to happen to wine since screw tops! HaloVino glasses are for the wine drinker who wants a SMART, FUN & AFFORDABLE wine tumbler that can be used everywhere they love drinking wine, even if glass isn’t permitted.
Its innovative geometry, with narrow rim and wide body, makes wine taste better without the spills, so you can cheer louder & play longer at the pool, park, boating, camping, and concerts. Plus, it’s shatter-proof, stackable and dishwasher safe!
Say goodbye to sacrificing quality & taste for cost & convenience! With HaloVino®, you can have your wine and enjoy it too! Makes for the perfect hostess gift or for that friend who seems to have everything!
Use code MKEMOM to get FREE SHIPPING on your order! (Value $4)
There truly is no place like home as the greatest family musical of all time, the wonderful WIZARD OF OZ, twists its way into Milwaukee! The entire family will be captivated as they travel down the Yellow Brick Road with Dorothy, Toto, and their friends in this lavish production featuring breathtaking special effects, dazzling choreography, and classic songs. Enjoy a pre-show Tea With Glinda on December 30, or a free Noon Year’s Eve party on December 31!
We are a greeting card and design company, born in the magical land of beer and cheese. We are constantly inspired by all the charm that exudes from the midwestern world we are surrounded in. We’ve been cranking out our weird little creations since 2008, and haven’t looked back since.
In addition to our greeting card line, we also specialize in custom wedding stationery. We love creating invitations that are fun and unique, just like all the couples we make them for.
The cornerstone of fashion, living, and dining. The Corners of Brookfield is an incredible destination located right off I-94 where Milwaukee area families can enjoy a unique shopping experience, activities and dining all in one place. Retailers like Kendra Scott, Von Maur, EVEREVE, Sendik’s and Anthropologie and more make for a holiday treat. Plus, you can get your mani/pedi at Anthony Vince Nail Spa before heading over to enjoy tacos at Bel Air, a bier at Cafe Hollander, or grab a workout at Cyclebar or in the Market Square with Lululemon.
There’s so much to love at The Corners of Brookfield!
With 5 locations throughout the Metro Milwaukee and Waukesha County area, and thousands of camp, sports, and swim programs, a Y gift card is sure to please anyone on your list. Gift cards can be used on membership, or put towards Summer Camp, learning to swim, personal training and specialty fitness classes and more. A gift card is perfect for any age and anyone on your list.
The Milwaukee Bucks and Usinger’s have the perfect way to entertain the whole family. See the exciting Young Bucks on select nights with packages that start as low as $80*. You will receive 4 tickets, 4 sodas and 4 delicious Usinger’s hot dogs. Nothing says family time like food, fun and Bucks Basketball!
Note: Tickets can be purchased at quantities less than four, starting at $20* per ticket. Each ticket will include a soda and Usinger’s hot dog.
Tuition costs continue to rise but parents, grandparents, friends and family may lessen the burden of college debt on the children in their lives by saving for college now. Plus, when you give your favorite little ones the gift of education this holiday season you could be eligible for 2017 Wisconsin state tax benefits. And, any earnings grow free from state and federal income taxes, so your gift has the potential to go even farther when funds are used for higher education expenses. Open an account, make a contribution or purchase an Edvest gift card at Edvest.com.
“What’s on YOUR wish list?”
That’s the question we asked our Contributor Team and we are so excited to share four of their Wish Lists with you! These are gifts from all over Milwaukee and appeal to a variety of lucky recipients so your holiday shopping will rock! If you dread coming up with gift ideas every year (for others AND for you), we hope you find our Milwaukee Wish Lists helpful.
Lauren's Wish List
The Waxwing — KONKADA Pillows
- I recently stopped at The Waxwing for my monthly window shopping session and found my new favorite Milwaukee artist – KONKADA. In fact, while I have you here, I’d also love the Milwaukee Skyline Print, that DOES include the new Northwestern Mutual building in the skyline. Basically, I’m going to buy everything to decorate my house ASAP.
The Milwaukee Public Market — Cooking Class
- Dear Hubby, please buy this for us for a holiday date night! The Milwaukee Public Market Cooking classes are creative and delicious, plus you go home an amateur chef. Featuring everything from seafood to Korean food to holiday cocktails, you’ll definitely find a class you love!
Kendra Scott — All the jewelry
- Have you heard of Kendra Scott, the Kenosha -native jewelry artist who just hit the scene at The Corners of Brookfield? Her styles are simple, elegant, and timeless. AND affordable. Take all my money.
Cloud Red — A Night Out w/ Food & Drinks!
- My new favorite bar & restaurant in the area (Shorewood.) Two words: Brussel Sprouts. I’m literally salivating thinking about going back there for the most delicious food I’ve tasted in the North Shore. And the house Moscow Mule was divine. Perfect spot for a ladies night out!
Mandy's Wish List
AnnKat Designs — Empower Bangle
- This original hand-fabricated bangle, stamped with stars & intricate patterns on both sides, will make you feel empowered and is made by a hometown girl!
The BusyBee Creations — Milwaukee Tea Towel
- Made with 100% durable (and machine washable!) cotton, this MKE tea towel is screen printed by hand and a perfect reminder of home!
- Want all of the delicious frozen custard you can eat but with none of the calories? This book is perfect to fulfill your cravings without guilt – and you may find a new favorite!
Indulgence Chocolatiers — Chocolate Wine Pairing Class
- This combines two of my greatest loves – chocolate and wine – for a themed night out that will make me feel fancy!
Sarah's Wish List
Quintessa Aesthetic Centers — Botox Injections
- Remember that time I got Botox injections in my forehead at Quintessa Aesthetic Center LIVE on Facebook? Well, the three months that followed convinced me as to why so many women love Botox! And you can “Bank Your Botox” at Quintessa, locking in a low price to use year round. It’s a great way to make a holiday gift last long past December! Get $50 off your first service at Quintessa with THIS LINK!
The Wizard of Oz — Miller High Life Theater
- I adore giving and being given experiences and as a devoted fan of live theater, I can’t think of a better way to close out 2017 than enjoying a performance of the musical The Wizard of Oz right here in Milwaukee!
Harry Potter in Concert with the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra — The Riverside Theater
- Speaking of experiences, can we please talk about how this particular experience combines my love of all things Harry Potter with a live performance of the film score by the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra? This would make a perfect gift for any Harry Potter fan, tickets packaged together with a Baby Jack & Co. Wizard Lovey, of course.
Badger Sneakers— Von Maur
More Local Faves
HOLIDAY TEA FROM DAVIDsTEA
GIFT CARD TO ROOTS SALON
CREAM CITY GROOMING ESSENTIALS BEARD BALM
RED BUNNY DESIGNS
MILWAUKEE CANDLE COMPANY
THIRD SPACE BREWING GROWLER
TAILORED SALON GIFT CARD
CHOMPY CHIC CHEWLERY
MEN’S MKE SOCKS – BREW CITY BRAND VIA BOSTON STORE
JEANS & ACCESSORIES FROM SCOUT & MOLLY’S
LITTLE GYPSY FINERY
NOTE TO SELF WOOD SIGN
MEAL DELIVERY FROM THE REAL GOOD LIFE
PARKSIDE 23 GIFT CARD
TRADES OF HOPE ACCESSORIES
JAMES STEENO GALLERY
HIGH BROW WAXING BOUTIQUE GIFT CARD
LITTLE SPROUTS PLAY CAFE PASS
HAVEN + BLYTHE BODY POLISH
WISCO ROOTS PULLOVER BY GILTEE MKE
ARTERY INK COLORING BOOK
FAIR TRADE DARK CHOCOLATE FROM ETHICAL TRADING CO.
GIFT CERTIFICATE TO PIN-IT LIVE
MILWAUKEE PILLOW BY BETIMELESS
MILWAUKEE TANK BY ORCHARD STREET APPAREL
SHAVE SOAP BY SQUARE ONE SOAPWORKS
INFINITE WARRIOR YOGA JEWELRY
We hope you enjoyed shopping our holiday gift guide! Now please feel free to enter the sponsored giveaways below to win a bundle with some of the featured items from some of our favorite #ShopMKE2017 businesses!
Winners will be announced on Sunday, November 26th!
Be sure to FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK for more giveaways from our #ShopMKE2017 sponsors!
Enter to Win a Holiday Prize Package!
Enter to win a prize package from some of our #ShopMKE2017 Holiday Gift Guide Sponsors! One lucky winner will walk away with all of the following:
$25 Edvest Gift Card — Edvest Wisconsin
$25 Gift Card — YMCA of Greater Waukesha County
14 x 14 Learning Lovey — Baby Jack & Co.
Bourbon & Sandalwood Candle — Big White Yeti
Box of HaloVino Glasses — HaloVino