What Wisconsin city celebrates itself every April 14th, a date based on its area code? Yep, its our beloved Milwaukee! If you’re local, by now you must have heard that April 14th is Milwaukee Day. It’s a celebration that grew from humble beginnings, and now is a day dedicated to celebrating the city that Milwaukeeans adore and are proud to call home.
We all know that every day is a great day in Milwaukee, but here are 14 ways that you and your family can celebrate the things that help make our city great.
1. Immerse yourself in all things Milwaukee at the Milwaukee Public Museum.
2. Listen local. Tune into one of our great independent radio stations: 88.9 WYMS, 91.7 WMSE, or 89.7 WUWM
3. Take a tour at Sprecher Brewery. The kids can sample the delicious sodas to their heart’s content.
4. Explore – Find the spot where Hank Aaron hit his last home run in the Miller Park lot, take a selfie with the Bronze Fonz, or stroll around Black Cat Alley.
5. Take part in 30 Days of Biking and bike the Hank Aaron or Oak Leaf Trails
6. Explore the Harley Davidson Museum. They are helping to say “Thank You!” to the city we love with free admission for anyone wearing anything with Milwaukee on it on April 14th, from 10 am to 6 pm.
7. Shop local. Our downtown, Brady Street, Bay View, and the East Side have some of the best small shops that sell goods made by local artisans. While you’re out, be sure to stop in at Too Much Metal and pick up some 414 gear!
8. Taste test all the custards in a single day and decide who is best…Kopps, Gilles, Leon’s, Fred’s…the list goes on!
9. Watch the Brew Crew take on the Mets. Perhaps catch the game at your favorite coffee shop, burger joint or eatery.
10. Become an owner at Outpost Co-Op and take advantage of 414 themed discounts and specials on Milwaukee products.
11. Watch one (or several) of the Dear MKE films
12. Take a selfie with The Bronz Fonz!
13. Shop the brand new online store from The Waxwing and use code “414” to get 14% off your order.
14. Get a sitter and end the night with a date night. Hit up Company Brewing for The Official Milwaukee Day Showcase and enjoy some local music while sipping a local brew or the Milwaukee Day Party at the Tonic Tavern.